Dialyzer Header Cleaner
Are clotted and blocked dialyzer headers affecting your reuse numbers?
- Designed to clean dialyzer headers without damaging dialyzer fibers.
- Consistent with AAMI Standard “Reuse of Hemodialyzers”.
- Improves the rinsing of dialyzer headers by spraying two lateral jets of RO water to loosen residual blood and other debris from the headers, header spaces, and header caps of multiple-use hemodialyzers.
A cost effective and compliant method of cleaning dialyzer headers without damaging dialyzer fibers.
The ASSIST Header Cleaner is used to clean residual blood and other debris from the headers, header spaces, and header caps of multiple-use hemodialyzers prior to an approved reprocessing process for hemodialyzers.
Use full Personal Protective Equipment, including durable gloves and protective clothing, when handling dialyzers and using the Assist device. As recommended in the AAMI Standard “Reuse of Hemodialyziers” RD47; 2002.
- Ensure correct Assist device is compatible with dialyzer used.
- If any leaks are noted at the header port or the Quick Connect, tighten the connections, or discard the Assist and use a new Assist.
- Use only under the supervision of a Physician.
Available in the following sizes:
50/units bag – Product Code: 50910
For use with Gambro Polyflux® & Asahi® Series dialyzers
50/units bag – Product Code: 50911
For use with Bellco®, Baxter® & Fresenius® Series dialyzers